Vice President | Account Strategist
Ally leads the way on all things strategy and account management for our agency. She’s tenacious and loves a good challenge to generate solutions for our clients. Here’s a quick interview to learn a little more about our strategist extraordinaire.
1. What do you like most about working at FUEL?
I love my teammates. I have formed true friendships and we genuinely enjoy each other and working together. Bonus is I think this benefits our clients!
2. What are three words to describe working at FUEL?
Smart, dedicated, fun team
3. What drew you to FUEL originally?
The former marketing director at The Cliffs introduced me to Warren and it just so happened that there was an open job for an Account Director. I met with Warren and Meredith and it was such an easy conversation – like we’d been friends in a past life! I knew that FUEL would be a place where I could contribute and help grow.
4. What is your proudest moment at FUEL?
Surviving my first three months. My first two accounts totally crashed and burned. My sparkling personality needed some smoothing out. And yet, I somehow managed to stay employed!
5. What’s your go-to for fresh ideas and inspiration?
My peers. I wish I could say I have time to read a bunch of blogs and trade publications, but I don’t. Mostly my best ideas come from talking about our client’s business and brainstorming what else we can do. Add a glass of wine…?
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Marine Biologist – I read Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L’Engle as a teenager and even though I lived in the middle of a desert and had never been in the ocean, I was destined to be a marine biologist.
7. If we hooked up your Spotify playlist to the office speaker, what top 3 songs would we hear?
- The Clash – Rock the Casbah
- Peter Gabriel – Shock the Monkey
- Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
- Hmmmmm, there’s a theme in that list. Let’s go rock the casbah, when we get there, we’ll shock the monkey and whatever you do… don’t stop me now.
8. What does a typical day look like for you?
I wake up around 5:15am, grab a coffee out of the coffee bar in my closet and open up wordle! There are morning activities to accomplish before I drop my son off at school at 7:30 and I try to get some early morning FUEL work accomplished before the crew starts. I have A LOT of meetings and while that can become exhausting, my meetings are all about getting work kicked off, researched, crafted, presented, analyzed, reported. I get to work with all of our clients and with just about everyone at FUEL at some point during the week! And after an evening with my family, I flop into bed, after grabbing a glass of chardonnay from the wine bar in my closet and watch Young & The Restless. (I also have clothes in my closet – not just coffee and wine).
9. What’s your favorite quote?
Leap and the net will appear.
10. What’s the best piece of advice someone has given you?
From my dad – Pick up the phone and call. It was advice regarding how our society has gotten into the habit of hiding behind or relying on texts, emails, DMs, social posts to communicate. And while in general those are all fine lines of communication, sometimes tone of voice, emotion, intent can be misinterpreted. We tend to be kinder when we speak by phone or even better face to face.
And then there’s literally my dad telling me to seriously… Pick up the phone and call him.